BirdLife Cyprus is the most active non governmental conservation organisation in Cyprus that strives to protect the birds of Cyprus and their habitats. However, many environmental problems continue to threaten the island’s biodiversity. It is vital that our work, supported by the public, continues.
There are many ways to help us get closer to our vision of protecting Cyprus nature.
- By becoming a member you add power to our voice and enhance our influence at both local and state level. Members also provide a part of our funding. A large number of members means our message reaches more people and awareness is raised for the need for a better natural environment of Cyprus. To become a member you can either subscribe for a one year membership online or download the Full Membership Application Form and post it to our office address.
- By donating you provide us with funds to implement our work programme and reach our vision.
- By volunteering you save us valuable time, it’s fun and we can rely on you. The opportunities for volunteering are announced in our monthly e-newsletter.
- By subscribing to our monthly e-newsletter you are always up-to-date with our work and activities.
As a full member of BirdLife Cyprus you are not only supporting our conservation work but you have the opportunity to receive:
- BirdLife Cyprus’ Quarterly Colour Magazine ('Cyprus Wheatear')
- BirdLife Cyprus’ Annual Report (if you choose to)
- Monthly Systematic List of birds
- BirdLife Cyprus’ monthly e-newsletter
Discount in BirdLife Cyprus products and at the following places (please click here for more info):
- Moufflon Bookshop
- GET OUT Outdoor Store
- Aperanti, traditional Agrotourism accommodation
- Vasilias Nikoklis Inn, traditional Agrotourism accommodation
- To Spitiko tou Archonta, traditional Agrotourism accommodation
- Leica Camera Cyprus
You will also be eligible to attend all our members’ field meetings and all social activities. And you will also have the opportunity to contribute to our bird data by participating in our Common Bird Census and in international events such as BirdLife International’s Eurobirdwatch and Spring Alive.
How you can become a member
Send payment by cheque payable to BirdLife Cyprus and post it to our P.O. Box 12026, 2340 Nicosia with a completed Membership Application Form or
- Make a direct payment to BirdLife Cyprus’ account (see below for info) or
- Pay online through our website via PayPal.
Current subscription rates for one year’s membership
For Cyprus residents
- € 30 for single membership *
- € 35 for joint membership *
- € 10 for junior membership – children under 16 (without Annual Bird Report)
For overseas residents
- € 35 for single membership *
- € 40 for joint membership *
- € 12 for junior membership – children under 16 (without Annual Bird Report)
* Get the Annual Bird Report by adding €5
For direct payment to BirdLife Cyprus’ account
Bank of Cyprus
Account No: 0148-01-008101 - SWIFT: BCYPCY2N - IBAN No: CY 980020 0148 0000000 10081 0100
Account No: 0001161054 - Swift: PIRBCY2N - IBAN: CY73008001030000000001161054
Account No: 206-220-011014-0 - Swift: ABKLCY2N. - IBAN: CY75 0090 0206 0002 0622 0011 0140